Skip to main content
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Joined the editorial board, in May 2020, as review editor, for Decision Neuroscience, including Frontiers in Neuroscience and Frontiers in Psychology.
- Was honored by President Trump, in July 2019, as a recipient of the Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), the highest honor bestowed by the United States Government on science and engineering professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers.
Mary Kay Lobo
- Was recently appointed a Reviewing Editor for the Journal of Neuroscience, the official journal for the Society for Neuroscience.
- Was honored by President Obama as a recipient of the Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), the highest honor bestowed by the United States Government on science and engineering professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers.
- Was elected an AAAS Fellow in recognition of her achievements in advancing science. The announcement was made on November 27, 2018. The induction ceremony will be held at the 2019 AAAS Annual Meeting in Washington D.C. on February 16, 2019.
Adam C. Puche
- Received a $600,000 award for 2020, from the Maryland Department of Health. The award is titled “COVID-19 Temporary Mortuary Affairs Center (TMAC) Operational Support”. Adam is the Director of Operations under the Maryland Mass Fatality Plan, whose task is to manage unexpected fatality levels. The goal is to prevent events and images that we saw from New York City, of bodies in trailer trucks and laying on the street. This operation ensures that none of this occurs in Maryland.
- Was a recipient of the 2020 University of Maryland Golden Apple from the graduating medical Class of 2020 and was inducted into the Pass and Susel Academy of Teaching Excellence.
- Was a recipient of the 2019 University of Maryland System Regents Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching. The award is the highest honor that the Board of Regents bestows to recognize exemplary faculty achievement. Dr. Puche was presented the award at the Board of Regents meeting on April 19, 2019.